What's at risk?
- Private Health Insurance rebates for natural therapies to be cut April 2019.
- Labor will introduce a GST TAX on natural medicine and therapies.
- Anti-complementary medicine lobby groups continue attempts to influence health policy.
- Positive evidence ignored in Government-funded research.
- Educational courses are being shut down and practitioners unable to access ingredients.
Behind all of these drastic cuts and proposed changes are Government-funded reports that declare there is NO evidence that 17 natural therapies from yoga to naturopathy are effective. The Government is using the reports to justify restricting your choice in healthcare.
- We want to know why the Government is ignoring world-wide, positive scientific evidence.
- We want a Senate Inquiry to scrutinise these reports starting with the very first report that is now the subject of a complaint to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
Sign the petition to call for a Senate Inquiry into bias against natural therapies and why Government-funded reports have ignored positive evidence.
What they don’t tell you
Millions of people will be effected by the Private Health Rebate cut for natural therapies. If you’re confused at why they say there’s no evidence that Natural Medicine works WATCH THIS.
Latest News & Stories
Politics or science? The Government review of Naturopathy – what you need to know
17 October, 2018
Despite a wealth of scientific research on natural medicine published in peer-reviewed journals, the Government’s Review of the Australian Government Rebate on Private Health Insurance for Natural Therapies concluded that there is “no clear evidence demonstrating the effectiveness” of 17 widely […]Learn More
Science fact or fiction? Senate exposes NHMRC did not use accepted scientific methods
20 September, 2018
AUSTRALIA’S peak medical research body, the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC), has responded under Senate scrutiny that they did not follow recognised scientific guidelines or standards in reviewing the evidence on homeopathy, using an approach also applied to […]Learn More
Survey puts the Spotlight on Women’s Health – A role for natural therapies
26 September, 2018
The team at Your Health Your Choice was intrigued to note that the Jean Hailes Women’s Health Survey 2018, published recently during Women’s Health Week in early September, identified the top 5 health topics that women want to know about. […]Learn More
Labor targets women in attacks on natural medicine
5 September, 2018
LABOR has announced that if elected it will implement policies attacking traditional medicine services and products used by millions of Australian women.Learn More
What the World Health Organisation really thinks of natural medicine
29 May, 2018
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has long supported natural medicine, but The Beijing Declaration explains exactly how they want their Member States to look at complementary healthcare. On November 8, 2008 the WHO adopted The Beijing Declaration to promote the […]Learn More