What's at risk?
- Private Health Insurance rebates for natural therapies to be cut April 2019.
- Labor will introduce a GST TAX on natural medicine and therapies.
- Anti-complementary medicine lobby groups continue attempts to influence health policy.
- Positive evidence ignored in Government-funded research.
- Educational courses are being shut down and practitioners unable to access ingredients.
Behind all of these drastic cuts and proposed changes are Government-funded reports that declare there is NO evidence that 17 natural therapies from yoga to naturopathy are effective. The Government is using the reports to justify restricting your choice in healthcare.
- We want to know why the Government is ignoring world-wide, positive scientific evidence.
- We want a Senate Inquiry to scrutinise these reports starting with the very first report that is now the subject of a complaint to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
Sign the petition to call for a Senate Inquiry into bias against natural therapies and why Government-funded reports have ignored positive evidence.
What they don’t tell you
Millions of people will be effected by the Private Health Rebate cut for natural therapies. If you’re confused at why they say there’s no evidence that Natural Medicine works WATCH THIS.
Latest News & Stories
Health benefits of Tai Chi: What is the evidence?
19 February, 2019
THE Federal Government has just axed the Private Health Insurance subsidy for 16 natural therapies including Tai Chi, a popular health and fitness exercise used in particular by older Australians. The Government has also taken the extra step of banning heath insurers […]Learn More
Why is there an Ombudsman Complaint against the NHMRC?
5 December, 2018
An information reel every Australian needs to see The 13 minute information reel below reveals details of how Australia’s peak medical research body, the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC), set about reviewing the evidence on a natural therapy it […]Learn More
American College of Physicians recommends traditional and complementary therapies as first line treatments for low back pain
23 January, 2019
WHILE the Australian Government ignores positive evidence and legislates to remove public access to Private Health Insurance (PHI) rebates for natural therapies, respected medical bodies in other developed countries have released evidence-based guidelines recommending the integrative use of traditional and […]Learn More
Major donation to establish National Centre for Naturopathic Medicine
28 November, 2018
A major $10 million personal donation by Marcus Blackmore, AM, and his wife Caroline to Southern Cross University will see the establishment of a National Centre for Naturopathic Medicine to support education, research and the advancement of evidence-based natural medicine. It […]Learn More