What's at risk?
- Private Health Insurance rebates for natural therapies to be cut April 2019.
- Labor will introduce a GST TAX on natural medicine and therapies.
- Anti-complementary medicine lobby groups continue attempts to influence health policy.
- Positive evidence ignored in Government-funded research.
- Educational courses are being shut down and practitioners unable to access ingredients.
Behind all of these drastic cuts and proposed changes are Government-funded reports that declare there is NO evidence that 17 natural therapies from yoga to naturopathy are effective. The Government is using the reports to justify restricting your choice in healthcare.
- We want to know why the Government is ignoring world-wide, positive scientific evidence.
- We want a Senate Inquiry to scrutinise these reports starting with the very first report that is now the subject of a complaint to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
Sign the petition to call for a Senate Inquiry into bias against natural therapies and why Government-funded reports have ignored positive evidence.
What they don’t tell you
Millions of people will be effected by the Private Health Rebate cut for natural therapies. If you’re confused at why they say there’s no evidence that Natural Medicine works WATCH THIS.
Latest News & Stories
Why is there an Ombudsman Complaint against the NHMRC?
5 December, 2018
An information reel every Australian needs to see The 13 minute information reel below reveals details of how Australia’s peak medical research body, the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC), set about reviewing the evidence on a natural therapy it […]Learn More
Major donation to establish National Centre for Naturopathic Medicine
28 November, 2018
A major $10 million personal donation by Marcus Blackmore, AM, and his wife Caroline to Southern Cross University will see the establishment of a National Centre for Naturopathic Medicine to support education, research and the advancement of evidence-based natural medicine. It […]Learn More
Politics or science? The Government review of Naturopathy – what you need to know
17 October, 2018
Despite a wealth of scientific research on natural medicine published in peer-reviewed journals, the Government’s Review of the Australian Government Rebate on Private Health Insurance for Natural Therapies concluded that there is “no clear evidence demonstrating the effectiveness” of 17 widely […]Learn More
Survey puts the Spotlight on Women’s Health – A role for natural therapies
26 September, 2018
The team at Your Health Your Choice was intrigued to note that the Jean Hailes Women’s Health Survey 2018, published recently during Women’s Health Week in early September, identified the top 5 health topics that women want to know about. […]Learn More