What's at risk?
- Health Minister Greg Hunt has cut health insurance rebates for natural therapies.
- The Turnbull Government is considering banning natural medicines from sale in pharmacies.
- Educational courses are being shut down and practitioners unable to access ingredients.
- And, the Therapeutic Goods Administration is pushing to de-regulate natural medicine products, putting your safety at risk.
Behind all of these drastic cuts and proposed changes are Government-funded reports that declare there is NO evidence that 17 natural therapies from yoga to naturopathy are effective. The Government is using the reports to justify restricting your choice in healthcare.
- We want to know why the Government is ignoring world-wide, positive scientific evidence.
- We want a Senate Inquiry to scrutinise these reports starting with the very first report that is now the subject of a complaint to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
Sign the petition to call for a Senate Inquiry into bias against natural therapies and why Government-funded reports have ignored positive evidence. A letter will also be sent on your behalf to your local MP.
As featured on 7 News
Consumers are fighting back after the Government has announced their plans to cut private health insurance rebates for natural therapies starting Jan 1 2019.
Latest News & Stories
Your Stories: Counsellor speaks out as patients explain their success with natural therapies and medicines
12 March, 2018
“As a counsellor who works with parents and children, I have parents enthusiastically share with me the positive impact herbal and homeopathic medicine has on the behaviour and wellbeing of their children.” In many cases, these parents are seeing these […]Learn More
More than half of people who use natural medicine are female
8 March, 2018
A National Health Survey has given a snapshot into the use of integrated medicine in Australia and who is using natural therapies. It shows 32 percent of people who had visited a complementary medicine practitioner had also visited a doctor […]Learn More
Greens leader supports skeptics and loses fight to introduce “offensive and disrespectful” changes for complementary medicines
17 February, 2018
IN a major win, the Federal Government has ignored the Australian Greens and anti-complementary medicine activists like Doctor Ken Harvey, from Friends of Science in Medicine, and passed a reform package that protects traditional medicine. The Therapeutic Goods Amendment (2017 […]Learn More