What's at risk?
- Health Minister Greg Hunt has cut health insurance rebates for natural therapies.
- The Turnbull Government is considering banning natural medicines from sale in pharmacies.
- Educational courses are being shut down and practitioners unable to access ingredients.
- And, the Therapeutic Goods Administration is pushing to de-regulate natural medicine products, putting your safety at risk.
Behind all of these drastic cuts and proposed changes are Government-funded reports that declare there is NO evidence that 17 natural therapies from yoga to naturopathy are effective. The Government is using the reports to justify restricting your choice in healthcare.
- We want to know why the Government is ignoring world-wide, positive scientific evidence.
- We want a Senate Inquiry to scrutinise these reports starting with the very first report that is now the subject of a complaint to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
Sign the petition to call for a Senate Inquiry into bias against natural therapies and why Government-funded reports have ignored positive evidence. A letter will also be sent on your behalf to your local MP.
As featured on 7 News
Consumers are fighting back after the Government has announced their plans to cut private health insurance rebates for natural therapies starting Jan 1 2019.
Latest News & Stories
Your Health Your Choice, now shortlisted for Best Government Relations Campaign
9 February, 2018
Australia’s largest campaign to protect natural medicines and therapies has been shortlisted for Best Government Relations Campaign in Australia’s prestigious Mumbrella CommsCon Awards. The nomination recognises the meaningful impact Your Health Your Choice is having nationwide. Almost 75,000 practitioners and […]Learn More
Former registered nurse and now experienced natural medicine practitioner takes out first prize
29 January, 2018
Your Health Your Choice wants to thank everyone who bought a ticket in the campaign’s Christmas raffle. We caught up with our winners to hear why they believe it’s so important to support Your Health Your Choice. First Prize winner, […]Learn More
How skeptics are trying to influence the Senate
25 January, 2018
AUSTRALIA’S anti-complementary medicine groups have launched a scaremongering campaign claiming changes to the Therapeutic Goods Act will put public safety at risk, which is nonsense. The amendment Bill they’re fighting protects the current labelling that consumers rely on to make […]Learn More