What's at risk?
- Private Health Insurance rebates for natural therapies to be cut April 2019.
- Labor will introduce a GST TAX on natural medicine and therapies.
- Anti-complementary medicine lobby groups continue attempts to influence health policy.
- Positive evidence ignored in Government-funded research.
- Educational courses are being shut down and practitioners unable to access ingredients.
Behind all of these drastic cuts and proposed changes are Government-funded reports that declare there is NO evidence that 17 natural therapies from yoga to naturopathy are effective. The Government is using the reports to justify restricting your choice in healthcare.
- We want to know why the Government is ignoring world-wide, positive scientific evidence.
- We want a Senate Inquiry to scrutinise these reports starting with the very first report that is now the subject of a complaint to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
Sign the petition to call for a Senate Inquiry into bias against natural therapies and why Government-funded reports have ignored positive evidence.
What they don’t tell you
Millions of people will be effected by the Private Health Rebate cut for natural therapies. If you’re confused at why they say there’s no evidence that Natural Medicine works WATCH THIS.
Latest News & Stories
Medical Board Targets Integrative Doctors
7 May, 2019
The Medical Board of Australia (MBA) is seeking public feedback on new guidelines tightening regulation of medical practitioners who integrate “complementary and unconventional medicine and emerging treatments” into their practise. This comes at a time when the Australian public are seeking […]Learn More
BREAKING: $2mil pledged to update natural therapy reviews
8 April, 2019
8 April 2019 Review of natural therapies for private health insurance The Your Health Your Choice consumer campaign welcomes the Liberal National Government’s announcement to commission an updated review of natural therapies, including a five year update to its 2014-15 review […]Learn More
World-first study shows effectiveness of Naturopathic treatment
6 March, 2019
A new study by researchers at Southern Cross University has found favourable evidence for Naturopathic medicine in the treatment of a wide range of chronic conditions after assessing its clinical benefits. The study, a world-first systematic scoping study conducted by Professor Stephen […]Learn More
Why is there an Ombudsman Complaint against the NHMRC?
5 December, 2018
An information reel every Australian needs to see The 13 minute information reel below reveals details of how Australia’s peak medical research body, the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC), set about reviewing the evidence on a natural therapy it […]Learn More